GDPR Compliance Software
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”; effective May 25, 2018) is a set of laws adopted by the European Union (“EU”) to define and protect against the online violation of data protection rights. data and privacy of individuals within the EU. , as well as to ensure better control of the digital footprint of their personal data.
SoContact is fully committed to the principles of GDPR. Our legal and policy experts have closely analyzed GDPR requirements and continue to monitor new guidance on best practices for implementing GDPR requirements. We have taken these GDPR principles to heart and made changes to our products, contracts and policies to ensure that we are fully aligned with the GDPR. SoContact services are GDPR aligned.
All SoContact data processing providers have been verified to be all GDPR compliant. All SoContact data is stored on servers hosted in the European Union.
We allow each user to completely delete all their data. It’s as simple as contacting us. We will delete each request within 10 days.
We have applied all security measures recommended by GDPR.
Our data has never been compromised.
Your rights regarding your personal information
We respect your privacy rights no matter where you are from and therefore you can contact us at any time and we will work diligently to honor your choices and requests regarding your personal information. The purpose of the list below is to allow Users and Contacts to exercise their rights under the applicable privacy and data protection regulations:
- Right of access: You can request access to your personal information and obtain a copy of your personal information that is processed by SoContact. If you wish to know the personal information processed by SoContact, we will provide you with the following free of charge: purposes of the processing, categories of personal information processed, recipient(s) of the personal information, duration for which the information will be stored; your privacy rights; and information about data transfers. These requests are made by contacting our privacy team (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please ensure you provide relevant details.
- Right of rectification: You can request to modify, update or complete any missing data that we process about you, by contacting our privacy team (email@example.com) with your relevant details. Please note that we may correct, complete or delete incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Right to erasure: You can request the erasure of your personal information at any time. In this case, if there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue processing your personal information, we will erase your data. Such a request will be made by contacting our privacy team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your relevant details.
- Right to restriction of processing: You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information if the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you. To make such a request, please contact our privacy team (email@example.com) and provide all relevant information.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To make such a request, please contact our privacy team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide all relevant information.
- Right to object to data processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your data. Such a request will be made by contacting our privacy team (email@example.com) with your relevant details.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we collect or process your personal information in a way that does not comply with the laws, you can complain to the competent data protection authority.
Personal information will be retained by SoContact for as long as necessary to provide our services and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. The retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information collected and the purpose for which it was collected, taking into account the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy obsolete and unused information as soon as possible. reasonable deadlines.
You can request the deletion of your personal data, as indicated above. Please be warned: if your information is completely deleted from the SoContact database, it may be obtained again in the future, if collected through public platforms or our business partners. In this case, since we have granted your deletion request, we will not have a record of your contact data and your contact information may be reintroduced into the SoContact database. We recommend that you periodically check your profile or the Services to ensure that your then-existing profile or account only includes the Information that you have chosen to display.
Legal basis of processing
The biggest myth about GDPR is that consent is the ONLY way to legally process personal information about EU data subjects. Although consent is one basis for lawful processing, it is not the only one.
SoContact’s legal basis for processing is its legitimate interest in providing its services to its users, for more information please contact our privacy team (firstname.lastname@example.org ) .
Categories of recipients of personal data
In order to provide our service, SoContact may share certain personal data with companies and individuals who subscribe to our service. We may also share personal data with the following recipients: (i) our affiliates; (ii) contractors and other third party service providers (eg, payment processors, advertisers and marketers, hosting services, etc.); (iii) auditors or advisors of our business processes; and (iv) any potential acquirer or investor in SoContact.
Additionally, EU individuals may contact our representative in the EU for all data protection and privacy related inquiries: email@example.com.